Sunday, October 5, 2008

Summer's End

Unbelievable that summer is already over! We enjoyed a lot of fun times over summer. Kennywood, Idlewild, OCMD, swimming, picnics, playing in the yard...what more could one ask for? A longer summer, longer weekends, shorter work week....that's my wish! Sometimes I'm so caught up in the rush of "life" that I don't take time to sit back and savor the moment. Conversations between my friends and family always surround the same age old issue of how life is so crazy and how we have such minimal time to sit back and enjoy the "small" stuff in life. So sad but so true. My mom and grandma are such wonderful reminders to me when it comes to enjoying and appreciating the more "simple" things in life. I've observed both of them over the years doing just that all while teaching us along the way to do the same. We've made some wonderful memories this summer and we look forward to many more in the years to come.

No comments: