Sunday, October 26, 2008

New Jersey Lighthouse Tour

The New Jersey Lighthouse tour with the girls in the family was AWESOME! We all absolutely love lighthouses, especially Cape May Lighthouse, where we spent many of our summer vacations with the extended family. We actually vacationed in Sea Isle City but always went up to Cape May.

It was so relaxing to spend a weekend with the girls. My grandma is such a whipper snapper and the life of the party each time we're together. It was so nice getting to spend so much time with my aunt and cousins, who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful family and I truly enjoyed and cherish my time with them.

My Aunt Teri planned the trip. She is so disgustingly organized! She made a cute little binder with the itinerary that literally documented hour by hour what we'd be doing, where we were going, etc. She had pics of all the lighthouses, little facts, etc. She's pretty amazing when it comes to organizing stuff like that.

My favorite lighthouse was the Twin Lights...very unique. My all time favorite remains Cape May, of course. So many wonderful memories of family vacations....just an all around feel-good type of weekend. Lighthouses are just so neat!

We are already planning for the Long Island Lighthouse Tour in the Spring and I cannot wait! I just can't wait to spend a weekend with the girls again. We will most likely extend the trip and go into NYC, as well. Our last trip to NYC was a blast and we'd all love to do it again.

If you like lighthouses, I highly recommend doing one of the regional weekend tours. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Holly Staszel Berecz said...

That sounds like so much fun. I would love that. My mom is a lighthouse collector. We would really enjoy doing that someday.