Sunday, August 31, 2008

My baby is 2!!!

How can it be true? Time really flies with this little guy who took over my heart from the day I knew I was pregnant with him! Nolan Michael Blaze....ahhhhh.....the apple of my eye! I can still remember my 26 1/2 hrs. of labor with him, which really wasn't all too bad. I only ended up pushing for 45 min. He was 9 1/2 lbs. and 21 inches long. Born at 0118 on Aug. 31, 2006. I will never forget those 26 1/2 hrs. of sitting in the hospital room watching my mom and Mike eat snacks (remember, I was only allowed ice chips) and Mike drinking Mt. Dew. I was so desperate for a drink of ANYTHING that I would let the ice chips melt and drink the 1/2 ounce of H2O at the bottom of the cup! Mike and my mom went over...and over....and over baby names. Mike wanted the perfect name for our little bundle of joy.

I remember when I first saw Nolan....he looked like a little Sumo wrestler all sprawled out in the isolette! I remember thinking "wow....that is one big baby". First and foremost, we were so happy that he was healthy. He had tons of little rolls and creases on him and just a little bit of peach fuzz hair. I will never forget when my nephew Justin saw him and immediately gave him the nickname of "Tank".

Our Nolan has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives. I don't think I ever realized how much I could possibly love another human being. Not that I don't love Mike from the depths of my heart, it's just different when you have a child...I think all parents would agree with that.

There are so many wonderful things about Nolan. He's always been a very happy baby...very animated, very spontaneous (to say the least). He has tons of personality and can light up a room in an instant. He loves to eat (the apple doesn't fall very far from the mommy tree there) and is unbelievably curious about everything (that would be the apple from the daddy tree). I'm amazed when I watch him play and explore...when I listen to him talk to us and have conversations with him as if he's a little adult.....and when I watch him give his unconditional love to others, even strangers (he loves to blow kisses to just about anyone...even men)!

We are so blessed that we have a lot of family to enjoy him and love him like their own. I could go on and on about how much I love Nolan, how wonderful he is, etc. etc. (like any other gushing mother) but I think you already know that. I will just spare you all the sappy stuff and continue to update you and post pics of my baby boy! And hopefully in the next year....we'll expand our home by two more feet!!! God-willing :)

P.S. Nolan had a "Cars" party at Aunt Jen and Unlce Joe's and and "Arthur" party at Grandma Sandy and Pappy Jack's. He had two parties b/c Mike's family is all in PGH and mine is Fayette/Westmoreland Co.

Pics to come very soon!

No comments: