Saturday, August 23, 2008

OCMD Baby!!!

As always, we had an awesome time in OCMD. I really missed my parents not being there but I'm sure they'll make it back with us next year. My mom is still getting back on her feet from the radiation, etc. so this year they took a break (although, they've been busier than ever if you ask me!!!).

This year we went with Mike's brother Scott and his son Devon and we took along my nephew Justin. We stayed at the Sea Watch in rm. 1419 and had an excellent view of the ocean from the balcony. The boys had a blast and felt like they were king of that hotel. They loved drinking chocolate milkshakes and spending time in the gameroom when they weren't on the beach. Both bought new boogie boards (pappy Jack's just weren't cutting it this year for Justin) and loved the ocean.

Nolan absolutely loved the beach this year and he did so well. The boy loves to swim and had no fear of the ocean at all. I think he only got a mouthful or two of saltwater so that wasn't too bad. He still loved the pools at the hotel, also. We also got his pics done professionally at the beach since we didn't get 2 yr. pics at home. He did really well the entire vacation.

We dined at the usual hotspots....Big Peckers, Bull on the Beach, Dumsers, Anthony's and The Bonfire. The guys did the miniature golf and go-carts, of course, and we also road the OC Rocket, which is a speedboat that got us totally soaked. Poor Nolan...he got soaked the worst...even with us shielding him! He was a good sport the entire ride.

I'm so happy that we got to enjoy a vacation with Mike's brother, Devon and Justin. Scott just finished up treatments for his cancer and really needed a vacation away with his son. Also, Devon and Justin had a blast and kept eachother entertained the entire trip...I'm so glad they both got to go. I think Justin thought it was so cool to go on a vacation without his parents!

All in all it was an awesome trip with perfect company and fantastic weather and we all look forward to a return trip next year.

P.S. I got an AWESOME bracelet made of Roman coins...very cool. Any of you who know me know that the way to my heart (well one of the ways, anyhow) is a new bracelet.

No comments: